Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cookie Favors


Have you ever done research into these??? Like checked out pricing on cookie bouquets?? I kinda feel baddish for not appreciating how much $$$ some of my parents had spent on me as a teacher...I had received a few cookie bouquets in my 8 1/2 year teaching career..

Well, got me to thinking, heck, I can do this!!! (Well that and another momma I know made some gorgeous butterflies and flowers for her babe's 1st bday!!)

So I found this recipe from Allrecipe.com for sugar cookies.http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/The-Best-Rolled-Sugar-Cookies/Detail.aspx Don't get me wrong, I have an amazing sugar cookie recipe, but it tastes like Christmas. They seriously were a dream to roll out and to cut. I do recommend only putting a few on your tray, especially if you are making them big.

After they were baked and cooled, I piped an icing border on them with a store bought Wilton's icing. It looked like a bottle of elmer's glue, but I know you can do royal icing if you are soooo inclined..(I'm not.)

After that dried and hardened, I made this glaze http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sugar-Cookie-Glaze/Detail.aspx and tinted it pink. I poured it into the center of the cookies and hubby and I spread it out to be flush with the border. They dried like a dream and are absolutely beautiful!!


I packaged them in clear baggies and set them in a basket on the gift table for my little lady's bday party!! They were absolutely a success!!

2 comments:

  1. sweet cookies.... i love 'em. too bad we can't attend our kids' parties. i would love to have you here.

    btw, i enjoyed your dinner blog.

    can't wait for more ideas and yummy looking photos.

    i'll have to make a post about a vegetarian meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a regular Martha Stewart! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete