Friday, June 5, 2009

PT

As in Potty Training.

My bff from college motivated me on the phone the other day.

So I started on Monday with little man. MUCH better than our first attempt maybe a month ago. That one ended at naptime after five pee spots everywhere except the potty.

It really has been pretty painless this time...I just sit him on the potty right after he wakes, right before he eats and right after he eats...his length of potty sits has been growing shorter and shorter before he makes the pee. His greatest accomplishment is dumping the pee into the big potty and flushing.

Yesterday we had a breakthrough...Everytime he has been peeing it has been because I have placed him on the potty. He told me yesterday "I has to poopoo." I said, "Pull your shorts down and sit on the potty." Of course he really didn't want to sit on the potty again, but he did. He sat there for maybe five minutes then said, "I DID IT!" and when I went to look, there was a TON of pee waiting for him to flush. I told him he did the right thing...and for the rest of the day he kept telling me, "I did the right thing."

We are still kinda low key about it, diapers for naps and nightnight..but I he's really getting it...now that we have kinda bridged the battle of the wills yesterday with the "right thing" breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment