Wednesday, July 8, 2009

South Beach update

So we've been on it for a little over two weeks now. The first week and a half we were extremely rigid with the "detox" portion if you will. No sugar, no breads...then the fourth of July weekend kinda threw us a curveball...but ya know what?? I have still lost a solid 5lbs! :) YAY. It is coming off a lot slower than when I have done any other diets...but something else is happening too.

My mindset has changed. I have learned to eat more balanced, and I am not craving sugar like crazy as I usually do.

We are slowly reintroducing carbs into our diet this week. A typical breakfast for me now is the usual omelet of sorts with lots of veggies and I am adding a whole grain cereal to that as well. Still trying to remember to drink LOTS of water, and to really pile on the veggies...

What I like about this diet is that it has opened my mind up to different snack ideas and dinner ideas...and they are lowfat, nutritious, and really quite good!

The other added bonus to this lifestyle is that we have really started to feel better! We have been walking almost everyday...(helps get your mind off food!!) and just have more energy.

So, that's the latest on the SBD adventure! Now I am off to cook some SBD Morracan Lemon chicken!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I wish I could find something that worked! I'm really happy for u! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I enjoyed your 4th of July pics too. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete