Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gooooooood Mornin'

My friend in Colorado that we just visited recently has been such a great resource for us when it comes to kids music. Because let's face it. When your husband is a musician...he's pretty much a music snob. This translates to many songs that never get heard because...well...he doesn't like the way they start off. This in turn has created two very teeny tiny music snobs...especially when we are all strapped in our seats heading down the road in our familymobile. They pretty much have one or two songs per cd that they love, and the rest...well the rest pretty much goes like this:
~queue music
sonny boy: uh uh
girly girl: nope
me: C'mon, Mommy likes this song.
Sonny boy: No, I don't yike dis song
girly girl: NOOOOOooooooooooooooo
~queue next song.

Sooooooooooooooo my friend has given us a couple children's cds...one being Elmo's sing a long...Which by the way has a few very unpolitically correct and hilarious song lyrics (I think it's gotta be about 20 years since it's original recording) and like a 30 of the most wonderful toddler songs cd. They drive me insane. I was soooo angry at my husband yesterday because he says, You know what sucks?" I asked him what.He sings, "Howdy how do you do hello goooood day." and for the rest of the day I have this silly ditty in my head.

What is even worse than this is that yesterday, I ran an errand ALONE while the children where napping. And. To my utter dismay, I had the Toddler Tunes playing for about a mile down the road before I even noticed. And I was singing along. *hanging head in shame.*

No comments:

Post a Comment