Thursday, December 24, 2009

Best Ever Christmas Sugar Cookies

Baking with toddlers...ahhh the joy. Well, I actually had the help of my sister in law and the babes were asleep. The icing was a different story, I had some "help" decorating.
I've had this angel cookie cutter since I was a child. Boy these cookies sure do taste like Christmas to me. Stay tuned and I will give the recipe to you.
My wounded warriors...someone will love you, I promise.
Recipe from my mom's Better Home and Garden cookbook c.1973ish..

Christmas sugar cookies
1 1/4 c. soft butter
2c. sugar
2 eggs
5 c. flour (again I use self rising so no measuring baking powder and salt)
1tsp nutmeg
1/2 c. milk

*Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy
*Stir dry ingredients and add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. If dough is sticky add more flour to handle..
*roll 1/4 inch thick on a well-floured (I use powdered sugar instead) surface and cut.

place in a 375 degree oven for 8 minutes...(watch them so they don't get too brown on the bottom)

enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment