Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Fun

I meant to do this on the earlier post, but I guess it is deserving of it's own post. (Play along too if you want!)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper
2. Real tree or Artificial?
artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? since we've had kids, we do it the weekend of Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down?
New Years
5. Do you like egg nog? Only Organic Valley brand. Have you seen how much corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup is in regular egg nog??

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I loved a lot of my gifts received as a child. My grandma really got me into reading and would buy various books for me for Christmas, I loved my strawberry shortcake sleeping bag, and of course it was really exciting when my parents bought my brother and I a Nintendo gaming system. When I was a senior is high school, my parents bought me a camcorder...that was a lot of fun!

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My father in law. :)
8. Easiest person to buy for?
My kids...wish I could buy them everything I see! :)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes, it is so stinkin' cute. I got one year as a gift from a student.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? snail mail for sure!!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmm...I used to return a lot of clothes my mom bought me growing up...they weren't bad, just, well, let's just say we have really different taste! :)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
All time fave: "It's a wonderful life"
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I tried to be better this year and shopped all year long.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yup...did it all the time when I was a teacher...you should have seen some of the gifts I received that I would never use...oh wait, maybe you have. ;)

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? mmmmmmm all the different Christmas cookies...

16. Color of Lights on the tree? We have a prelit tree with all white...although I like the multi colored ones too

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night...but I really like so many of them...there are a few I can't stand (so this is Christmas, Last Christmas I gave you my heart..)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Home Sweet Home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I think so

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We do a star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both...we do Christmas Eve with Hubby's fam and Christmas day with our family, and my parents

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The lines at the post office.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I love the personalized ornaments we have.

24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? We like a nice beef roast with the fixings. I really like menudo on Christmas Eve, or Green Chile stew...and tamales as well!!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To see the "wonder" in my babe's eyes when they find that Santa has come for a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment