Friday, February 5, 2010

5- Ingredients you are gonna want to put together in a big pot and simmer

1. Shallots chopped (about two tablespoons or to your liking)
2. Celery chopped (I did two stalks)
3. Garlic chopped (I did 3 cloves)
Throw into pot with a swirl of olive oil and cook until clear
4. Liquid (I used one cup of white wine and 8 cups of organic beef broth but chicken broth is
awesome too!)
5. One package of dry lentils.
Bring to a boil, then simmer until soft


That's it!! I actually added a few more ingredients...I added browned organic grass fed beef and squeezed lemon on it...you can also add tabasco. I also like carrots in my lentil stew...
Seriously the best recipe I have come across thanks to my friend G!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed you're still doing five on friday - someday I'll get crackin' again!! ;)

    ReplyDelete