Monday, March 1, 2010

Keep It Simple Silly...Toddler organization

So my son has always been the type to like a tidy room, tidy house...all that jazz. All I have to say to my little man of barely three is, "uh oh, our house is not happy. Let's clean up." and he is throwing toys in his toybox and shoving books into his bookshelf faster than Lightning McQueen can say "KaCHOW."

My daughter on the other hand is a little bit of a tornado. She moves stealthily and quickly...and rips apart a closet, a bedroom, the living room, her room in a matter of seconds.

So for her, I tried something different. Something very simple and very effective. She is keeping her room more organized, when I tell her to clean up, she AND her brother both utilize my little organization system. And here it is.
One big box for pretty much all her toys
One bucket for all her dollhouse dolls and ponies

And one bucket for all her kitchen supplies and fake food.

I know it doesn't seem like much, but it has really help keep things a little less crazy in her room. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment