Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm kind of the bomb when I boil eggs.


Okay, so I love boiled eggs, not just for Easter. I think I have it down to a bit of a science(See those creamy, yellow yolks...perfectly cooked with no funky blue ring??) so I thought I would share with you.
HOW TO BOIL EGGS
I place my eggs in cold water in a large pot.
Place the pot over high heat.
Now, this take a little bit of time, but WATCH your eggs until the moment you see the water just begin to boil. (you will notice tiny bubbles coming from the bottom of your pot, not the little bubbles from the eggs)
When you see these tiny bubbles, indicating the water is just beginning to boil start coming up, set your timer for 15 minutes. (16 minutes for Xtra large eggs)
As soon as the timer goes off, remove your pot from heat, dump the hot water and add cold water to the pot. You have to repeat this step a few times until the water stays cool and doesn't reheat because of the warmth of the eggs.
Peel and Enjoy!!
Tell me how it goes for you! (Or how you get your perfect eggs!!)

2 comments:

  1. I get my perfect eggs, by boiling the water and as soon as it starts boiling put a lid on it and then remove from heat leave alone for 20 minutes and then wah lah perfecto :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do mine exactly like yours. And something else I do for deviled eggs, which isn't what you asked, but kind of makes me the bomb at those, is I add ranch dressing. Yummo!

    ReplyDelete