Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Birthday, Grace


My fiesty
silly
demanding
strong
intelligent
dramatic
tender
imaginative
creative
artsy
foodie
FOUR year old!!

I thought you'd be a boy. U/S proved otherwise. God gave me you, Grace.
I thought you'd gaze at me with eyes wide, soaking in the bright lights, but eyes were closed tight and lungs were loud with the sound of life, Grace.
I didn't think you and I would ever bond, your witching hour coming on, everyday the same time. But like a sudden breeze, your nightly crying would soon cease, and we could really get to know you, Grace.
I don't know how to be a mom to a girl, but you sit beside me and demand your nails be painted, and you're so still, not to ruin the lovely shades of pink and orange and blue and purple...my pretty, Grace.
You surprised me and delighted me with your singing, now we sing duets nightly and enjoy sweet hymns, my Amazing Grace.
Happy Birthday my sweet girl with the middle name so appropriate...Grace.


I'm linking, as usual, this Monday with lots of other ladies across the country to Gracelaced Mondays.

Grace Laced Mondays



4 comments:

  1. awww!! happy birthday, Grace. and happy birthing-day to you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHhh...Happy Birthday! There's something about a child's bday that helps us reflect on the blessings and the goodness of God, displayed in and through our children! Such great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! Fionna's middle name is Grace too!

    What a sweet post. It reminds me about how crazy, different and unpredictable these last four years were for us too!

    Happy Birthday, Grace!
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh Happy Birthday to a lovely four year old! Isn't it grace, to be able to love and be loved by these wonderful little people.

    ReplyDelete