Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm Not Just A Pinner Pinterest Challenge #1

Today I am linking up to "I'm On My Way's" Pinterest Challenge.



The project I chose were these cookie bars:

But I had to put my own twist on them.
My adaptation:
I used 2 cups almond meal and 3 cups flour
I used 1 cup of stevia in the raw and 1 cup sugar
I used 1 tsp of baking soda
I used 1/2 tsp salt
I added about 1/4 cup applesauce to the butter/sugar/stevia/egg mixture because I was afraid the stevia would dry it out.


I also have no cream cheese, so I had to go with a basic butter cream icing recipe.
The finished product was more crumbly than a typical sugar cookie, and I think the stevia should have been cut to just 1/2 cup. Otherwise, not a bad pinterest do it yourself project. :)


1 comment:

  1. Those look really amazing! Thank you for linking up to the I'm Not Just a Pinner Pinterest Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete