Tuesday, May 22, 2012

No-Bake Breakfast Cookie Balls

Well, hello there friends. I have a pretty easy and yummy recipe that I've managed to take pics and take measurements of that I can share with you.

This is just one of those things that was born out of necessity and the desire to keep my kids from telling me "I'm hungry" 15 minutes after breakfast. It worked. They loved making them and eating them!

They are filling and fun to make.

Here's what you need:

2 cups Rolled Oats
1 cup Peanut Butter (I had smooth on hand but chunky would be fantastic) or the nut butter of your choice
1 small to medium ripe banana
1 T honey
sprinkle of cinnamon



Place oats and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl, break the banana into small chunks add the honey and cinnamon. Moosh together as best you can with a fork or spoon, then roll up your sleeves and get down and dirty. If it seems too mushy, add a little more oats.

Once thoroughly combined, begin rolling into ping pong sized balls. We made 14.


This is a nice base for any other add ins. Flax seeds would be great, raisins or cranberries, chocolate chips...
I am going to refrigerate these in sandwich bags for easy snacks for the kids.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds really good I'm gonna try it...all I have to do is use GF oats, the rest is already gluten free. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete